FAAN Walk for Food Allergy
Categories: Food Allergies, News
Atlanta Allergy & Asthma Clinic would like to thank all the people that supported The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Networks Walk for Food Allergy 2012. The walk and festival was held at Atlantic Station on Sunday October 14th and was a huge success.
AAAC was proud to again sponsor this event and even more proud of our doctors, staff, patients and all of their families who support this event each year. Food allergy is a serious and growing problem, and we walk to raise public awareness, to provide advocacy and education, and to advance research on behalf of all those affected by food allergies and anaphylaxis. Please remember these important facts:
1) The most important aspect of the treatment of food allergy is an accurate diagnosis.
2) Food allergy is both over and under diagnosed.§ More than one test is often required for an accurate diagnosis.
3) Current guidelines recommend that the best way to accurately make the diagnosis of food allergy is to utilize an appropriate history, physical exam, diagnostic tests - particularly allergy skin prick tests, as well as oral food challenges in selected patients.
4) Seek support for your entire family. Atlanta has several groups that offer information and support for those with food allergy.
5) Once diagnosed - CARRY YOUR INJECTABLE EPINEPHRINE WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.