New Patient Information
Welcome to Atlanta Allergy & Asthma. Your time is very important to us, so to help make your first appointment go as smoothly and quickly as possible, we’ve provided some information especially for our new patients.
Your First Appointment
- Print and complete each of the forms below and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Please arrive 20 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment time to complete the registration process.
- Bring your most current insurance card, as well as your photo ID.
- If needed, obtain referral from Primary Care Physician. You may also fax this in advance to 678.742.3330
For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. You will be expected to pay any applicable co-payments and/or deductibles at the time of service.
This appointment time has been reserved especially for you. If you are unable to keep your appointment, kindly let us know at least 24 hours in advance so we can make the slot available to someone else.
Information for Allergy Skin Test Appointments
- Please be on time If you arrive late we may not be able to test you due to time constraints.
- Allow two or three hours for the appointment. You will discuss the results with your doctor after the skin testing. Your doctor determines the number of tests done according to the history you have given him/her.
- Wear comfortable clothing. You will need to take your top off, so do not wear one piece clothing.
- Stop any medications containing antihistamines seven (7) days prior to skin testing. Click here for a detailed list of medications.
- Click here for additional information about your allergy skin test appointment.
Please be sure to let us know before your appointment any medicines you currently take. You may need to discontinue certain medications to get an accurate test result.
For more information about allergy skin testing, please click here.
Appointment Cancellation Policy
This appointment time has been reserved especially for you. If you are unable to keep your appointment, kindly let us know at least 24 hours in advance so we can make the slot available to someone else. Failure to do so may result in a cancellation fee.
Perfumes and Colognes
Many of our patients are extremely sensitive to odors. Out of consideration for these patients, please do not wear perfumes, colognes, or scented lotions while in the office.
Out of courtesy for our patients who have food allergies, please do not bring food on the day of your visit unless specifically instructed by an Atlanta Allergy & Asthma staff member.