All study-related visits, tests, and drugs will be provided at no cost. In addition, reimbursement for time and travel may be provided. You do not need to be a current patient of Atlanta Allergy & Asthma to participate in a research study.
Participants Needed for Oral Immunotherapy Study: Food-Allergic Children
Qualifications to be considered for this study:
- Between the age of four (4) and seventeen (17) years old.
- Clinical history of food allergy to at least one (1) of the following foods: peanuts, tree nuts (almond, cashew, hazelnut, pecan, pistachio, walnut), wheat, cow’s milk, chicken’s egg, codfish, salmon, shrimp, sesame seed, and soy.
- No history of EoE (Eosinophilic Esophagitis).
- Mild to moderate asthma if well controlled is permitted.
- Cannot be in immunotherapy build-up phase for environmental allergens or bee venom (maintenance dosing that has been achieved for at least 2 weeks is permitted).
- No other food immunotherapy within the previous twelve (12) weeks.
- No use of any therapeutic antibody (dupilumab, omalizumab, etc.) in the previous 6 months.
- No beta-blockers, ACE-inhibitors or ARBs.
To learn more, please contact Janet Plumley at our Kennestone Research facility.